CSVUserlistBrowser version for "Hamlib/Omnirig only"
For users who do not own one of the SDRs supported (like WiNRADiO, Perseus or Elad) a "rig version" of CSVUserlistBrowser is available. It requires the Hamlib libraries and/or Omnirig.
- Download CSVUserlistBrowser and extract the files to a directory on your harddisk with full file write privileges.
- When CSVUserlistBrowser.exe is started you are prompted to name the receiver(s) which you want to control. Select "RIG". (This step is only required once.)
- Start RIG-CSVUserlistBrowser.exe.
- In case you have not downloaded station lists with CSVUserlistBrowser before please follow the instructions on the page First steps.
- Start the application and have a look at the help section under "Settings/Hamlib setup" resp. "Settings/Omnirig setup". See also Hamlib/Omnirig
When nothing went wrong now doubleclicking an entry in a list in RIG-CSVUserlistBrowser should tune the corresponding frequency on the rig and follow the frequency in Track mode.
Please keep in mind that communication over serial ports can be slow and take several 100 milliseconds to complete a request. Do not expect world records in responsiveness.
IMPORTANT: The functions of this version are controlled by Hamlib resp. Omnirig! If something should not work as expected it is not always the fault of CSVUserlistBrowser. Sometimes the rigs are implemented incomplete or buggy. I only can try to assist in theory but I cannot test the individual rigs as I do not own them. In any case it is recommended to carefully select the COM port and choose the correct serial parameters in Omnirig. Please read the manual of your rig or do a websearch!
Here RIG-CSVUserlistBrowser tracks my good old ICOM R-8500 via Omnirig.