How do I obtain FM userlists with PI codes from fmscan.org?
Unfortunately the makers of fmscan.org have decided to deliver PI codes im FM lists only to registered users. This means that the lists retrieved by the Downloader in CSVUB no longer contain PI codes!
Here is a How-To for receiving lists with PI codes:
- Register with in case you are not a member yet.
- Log in to the site .
- Call the site .
- Set your QTH unless not yet done.
- Call "Tools (userlist etc.)", then "Userlist for Persus...".
- Now click the desired list (Tropo, Meteor Scatter, Sporadic E).
- Chose the CSV format and as a separator Tab.
- Click "DOWNLOAD userlist1.csv".
- Rename the file meaningfully before saving, e. g. "userlist-FMtropo.txt". The file extension txt is important.
- The saved file can now be loaded into CSVUB with "Open CSV userlist (1...30)".
- To avoid this list beeing overwritten by a new version without PI codes, you should remove the ASD hook next to "Download FMLIST" in the Downloader.
Unfortunately the whole procedure must be done manually whenever an new FM list appears. The makers of fmscan.org claim that they must protect their PI codes from being stolen by unauthorized people.