First steps after installation
The instructions here are valid for any version of CSVUserlistBrowser. CSVUserlistBrowser does not come with station lists and schedules. You have to download the lists manually from the web sites of the authors. It is recommended to use the "Downloader" for the most popular schedules. The "Downloader" also handles the automatic download of up to date lists later.
- Call the menu "Tools/QTH manager" and at least enter your correct geographical data for your main location. Enter longitude and latitude in decimals. Click "Save details" and close the dialogue. Four decimals have turned out to be more than accurate for our needs.
- Call the menu "Web, Downloader/Converter" in CSVUserlistBrowser.
- Click "Download AOKI/EIBI/HFCC", "Download FMLIST/AMLIST" and "Download Classaxe". If your internet connection is working CSVUserlistBrowser.exe downloads the most recent databases, converts them and stores them in the folder "CSVUserlists".
- Click "Save details" if you have made changes in the fields.
Some of the URLs must be updated whenever a new broadcast season starts.
Note: "ASD" in the Downloader means "Autostart downloads". When such a box is ticked the Downloader automatically begins to look for new station lists when the dialogue is opened.
The current database URLs for season A19 are as follows:
AOKI ¹: http://www1.s2.starcat.ne.jp/ndxc/pc/ad/nxa19.zip
EIBI ²: http://www.eibispace.de/dx/eibi.txt
EIBI CSV database: http://eibispace.de/dx/sked-a19.csv
EIBI Readme ²: http://www.eibispace.de/dx/README.TXT
¹ = Microsoft 32 bit ODBC driver required when the xlsx file import is desired
² = probably never changes;
The base URL for Classaxe databases is a little voluminous and is stored on line 9 in the file "download.links". It should only be changed with care or better not be changed at all!
Opening a list
- Choose "Open CSV userlist" in CSVUserlistBrowser and select the list you want to have (e. g. userlistAM-[QTH].txt from FMSCAN). If you want this list to be automatically loaded whenever CSVUserlistBrowser starts (recommended), tick "Autoload List 1" in the "Autoload" menu.
- Switch to List 2 under "View list". Open the list that you want to have there (e. g. "userlistAOKI..."). Tick "Autoload List 2" if you want this list to appear automatically at this position after starting the programme.
- Open all the other lists (if desired) in the same manner.
Updating the lists
Call the Downloader regularly approximately once a day. The tool reads the database dates of the lists from the web, downloads new versions to your harddisk when available and updates the AMLIST, FMLIST, AOKI, EIBI, HFCC and Classaxe lists you are using automatically.