HDSDR version of CSVUserlistBrowser
The version for HDSDR uses the CAT interface of the HDSDR software. For data exchange a virtual COM port pair of a so called COM port emulator is required. See Preface.
- Download CSVUserlistBrowser and extract the files to a directory on your harddisk with full file write privileges.
- When CSVUserlistBrowser.exe is started you are prompted to name the receiver(s) which you want to control. Select "HDSDR". (This step is only required once.)
- is most likely already installed on your PC.
- If not yet done install a virtual COM port emulator. Please read the hints on the page Preface.
- Start HDSDR-CSVUserlistBrowser.exe.
- In case you have not downloaded station lists with CSVUserlistBrowser before please follow the instructions on the page First steps.
- In the HDSDR software under "Options", "CAT to HDSDR" select one of the two COM ports of a virtual pair you have set up, e. g. COM10. Click on "Activated".
- In HDSDR-CSVUserlistBrowser.exe under "Options, Settings", "COM ports/TCP" specify its "partner", e. g. COM11. The baud rate normally is ignored, but it is no mistake to specify the same baud rate in both applications. Click "Apply".
Now doubleclicking an entry in a list in HDSDR-CSVUserlistBrowser should tune the corresponding frequency in HDSDR.
Some users control third party software with the HDSDR version supporting the Kenwood CAT protocol, e. g. Studio 1. In this case one should not use the options "Open/Close HDSDR application with CSVUserlistBrowser" and "Smart focussing of radio application". CSVUserlistBrowser tries to execute or focus HDSDR.exe in this case. Likewise pressing the context menu key will bring up HDSDR.exe (if available), not the third party application.